13262538

I have a 30% share in a commercial property as does my husband.

I have a 30% share in a commercial property as does my husband. the total value is about £500000, no mortgage. If we divorce can I sign over to him my 30% in exchange for his share of our house (value approx £300000) which we own jointly, without any tax implications?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Provided it is part of a Consent Order then there should be no tax implications
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay, i have been unwell.
we had not planned on using solicitors unless absolutely necessary,just a separation agreement. the commercial property will likely be sold in the next 5 years, I was really wondering when a sale went through would your answer still apply?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When do you intend to divorce/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
within the next 12 months
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Provided it is done within the Financial Order within Divorce Proceedings and the Transfer and Order are in the same financial year then all will be well