How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I hope that you will be able to help me with my problem. I

Customer Question

I hope that you will be able to help me with my problem. I had a problem with builder who took £1500 and run away. I sent him two letters cancelling my contract and letter before court proceeding in June and July to the address that was on the receipt he gave me. This address was on his website too. The letters were sent recording delivery and he signed them.
I also informed the police who found him on another address and interviewed him. He admitted receiving those letters.
I filled form N1 and sent it to court. However when the court sent him the letter the envelope had been returned to court marked “gone away.”
I contacted the police again and they told me that they actually found him on the other address, where he lives. The police advised me to use this address, not the address that defendant gave to me.
I would like a court judgement to be issued on this address but I do not know what I need to do. Could you help me with this? How can I change the address at this point?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How did you get the first address ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The first address was on his website as well on the receipt for payment he gave to me. However his website does not exist any more. Later I found out that his company is not registered and that he is trading as sole trader.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you can enter judgment on that address then enforce on the new one.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would rather have judgement on his new address but do not how to make it happen.

Do I need to fill the form?

Is there any fee ?

What about the form N1. Do I need to resubmit it with the new address?Do I need to send all supporting documents again ?

What I need to write on the form?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You just need to notify the Court that there is a change of address. There is no new N1, you just send a copy to his new address with documents. Then enter Judgment if he doesnt respond.
You just need a covering letter to the Court giving a change of address.
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.


What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions