75100385

I hope that you will be able to help me with my problem. I

Customer Question

I hope that you will be able to help me with my problem. I had a problem with builder who took £1500 and run away. I sent him two letters cancelling my contract and letter before court proceeding in June and July to the address that was on the receipt he gave me. This address was on his website too. The letters were sent recording delivery and he signed them.
I also informed the police who found him on another address and interviewed him. He admitted receiving those letters.
I filled form N1 and sent it to court. However when the court sent him the letter the envelope had been returned to court marked “gone away.”
I contacted the police again and they told me that they actually found him on the other address, where he lives. The police advised me to use this address, not the address that defendant gave to me.
I would like a court judgement to be issued on this address but I do not know what I need to do. Could you help me with this? How can I change the address at this point?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How did you get the first address ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The first address was on his website as well on the receipt for payment he gave to me. However his website does not exist any more. Later I found out that his company is not registered and that he is trading as sole trader.

Ok, you can enter judgment on that address then enforce on the new one.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would rather have judgement on his new address but do not how to make it happen.

Do I need to fill the form?

Is there any fee ?

What about the form N1. Do I need to resubmit it with the new address?Do I need to send all supporting documents again ?

What I need to write on the form?

You just need to notify the Court that there is a change of address. There is no new N1, you just send a copy to his new address with documents. Then enter Judgment if he doesnt respond.
You just need a covering letter to the Court giving a change of address.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.