12826847

Early this year I went thru a red light believing that to stop

Customer Question

Early this year I went thru a red light believing that to stop would have been as dangerous as proceeding (large vehicle to my rear) Ihave receiver an nip to which I immediately replied pleading guilty. Two years ago I received a 6month ban but have had a clear license since then. What penalty domyou think the magistrates will impose please ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did they offer you the conditional offer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Were the lights red for a number of seconds before you went through?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, they angered as I virtually touched the line, there was! No traffic in the road that I was crossing and it was virtually a split second judgement, the camera recorded me going thru on red
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure why you have been summonsed.
If this is a S36 RTA matter then I would expect three points and a fine. They can offer the conditional offer for that and they would normally.
If it is driving without due care then obviously that is different but then the fact that you went through the reds almost immediately isn't really consistent with that.
The financial penalty at court would be higher but the number of points would be the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In view of the history are they likely to impose-another disqualification, do you think ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not if this is a S36.
That only carries 3 points and a fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, Jo, what's an S36 please ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
S36 RTA - ignoring a traffic signal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much for your help, you have been brilliant, have an unbelievably happy Christmas, xx
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.