12826847

Had an accident in tesscos in june 2015 which took three layers

had an accident in tesscos in june 2015 which took three layers of skin off of my right arm.this was duly noted in the accident book also first aider had to dress the arm.should l have compensation tesscos have not been in touch at all and l haven't took the matter up with them. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What was the nature of the accident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wanted to look for steak on top shelf of meat counters. There was a plastic sign which stated leave meat to rest for 10 minutes before eating. The plastic sign whould have moved or flapped backwards enabling customer to look for the item which suited me. Unfortunately this didn't happen the ridged plastic cut into my arm leaving a large bleeding gash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel that this accident could have been avoided tesscos staff should have checked that the signs were moveable
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What did you do to the sign ? How did you come to be in contact with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the sign stayed on the shelf but when the manager came he removed it. l found you on the internet.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
But how did you come to be in contact with the sign?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looking for steak they arrange it at the front of the shelf and the back of the shelf.it was when l put my hand to the back to look for a smaller cut of beef that the hard plastic cut my arm the sign was about 3 inches x 5 inches it should have flapped back enabling customers to look on the back compartment
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
What loss did you suffer?
What sum of money did this cost you?
What did it stop you doing please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
l couldnt wear any dresses or tops as l was told to leave the wound uncovered and only dress it when going to bed as it would rub on the bedding. My arm was very sore but l managed but it did stop me from going swimming at my local gym. The accident didn't cost me any money just made life a bit difficult for a month or so. l am an old age pensioner so things that happen like this it takes a little while to get over. l do have photos of my arm an hour after the accident and also of the scaring that's left. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You do potentially have a claim but I would consider very carefully whether it is worth pursuing.
It is certainly worth a complaint. they will probably make some offer as a result.
You are describing an injury that would only realistically attract a small award for pain and suffering. Suing for personal injury is much more prevalent in America but the reason for that is that they do have to pay for medical care. Here we don't. Unless you are cost a sum of money as a result of your injury it is often not worth while. For instance, when I was a kid I broke my arm in a playground. It caused no loss because I wasn't economically active then. If, however, I come off my motorbike now and break my arm and cannot work for a month as a result that is entirely different as there is a clear loss.
If you are intent then you would probably be about to claim a couple of hundred for pain and suffering.
Legal aid is no longer available for claims under £1k though.
Can clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT COMPLAYING/ OR WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR A LETTER TO BE WRITTEN BY A SOLICTOR LIKE YOURSELF I HAVE DATES ABD PHOTOS AND ALSO NO ONE CALLED ME TO SEE IF I GOT HOME OK OR HOW WAS I FEELING.REGARDS JACKIE
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can get a solicitor to write to them. There would be cost involved though. I would try writing yourself first to see what can be achieved for free.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice