12826847

I purchased a desktop computer from PC world in March this

Hi. I purchased a desktop computer from PC world in March this year. Since then the computer has been returned faulty 3 times, each time away for 2 weeks. Having just got the PC back on Friday, the fault is still there. PC World say that I can not have a refund and it must be returned again for repair. Is this correct or should I be entitled to my money back? Regards, Dave.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is it the same fault each time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jo

Yes its the same fault every time. The screen comes on for 5 seconds, then switches off, and stays off. (I have a back up screen). They say they have repaired the PC, repaired the screen, and I've had to replace all leads, without success.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, Windows are rubbish. I have long since converted to Mac.
When did you first report with a fault?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a meeting with Apple tomorrow to discuss... The first time I returned the PC was September.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You are covered by the Sale of Goods Act. There is no real doubt that PC World are liable as you did have a fault within the first six months of sale.
The question is what remedy is appropriate. At the outset they were entitled to attempt a repair as a refund immediately would have been disproportionately expensive for them. However, if this is the forth occasion of repair of the same fault then you could argue that they are clearly not capable of repairing it and your right to a refund in triggered.
The reality is that they may have none of it. If so, whatever the law says on the point, the fact remains that they will not agree. Then your only option is to sue.
If you did sue then probably they would settle as they will not want the manpower of going to court over this. You should just be aware that they may not be willing until you do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks. Ill go to store tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks for your help. Regards, Dave.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
All the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.