Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have a notification that I have won in a sweepstake run by

I have a notification that I have won in a sweepstake run by PCH Sweepstakes. I am afraid this may be a scam. I am told I must contact by email***@******.***
Is this a genuine address? Please help me. I live in England. Deborah Dyson
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Have you entered a sweepstake? Are they asking to provide bank details or any other personal details?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was not aware that I had entered the sweepstake but received an email telling me I had won and my ticket number is ***** and was in a PCH monthly sweepstake. I am completely mystified by this as it all takes place in the US. They are asking for details of my name, address, Tel. No. Scan Pics of me and family or ID card for verification. I don't have these last mentioned. I have sent nothing so far.

Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Do not send these details as this is almost certainly a scam I'm afraid. If something seems too good to be true it normally is.
If you send these details you probably find yourself a victim of identity fraud.
I would notify your local trading standards and the police of this scam.
They may already be aware of it.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.