12826847

My husband and I were divorced 18 months ago. We owned our

Customer Question

My husband and I were divorced 18 months ago. We owned our marital home as tenants in common. The consent order was not completed before my husband died 11 months ago and at his expense he was supposed to transfer the legal title of our marital home into his sole name. I had been paid most of the money owed as my settlement but £80,000 is still outstanding. My question is that my stepchildren have been marketing the property for a year at a price far too high and therefore it has not sold and the balance of money owed to me cannot be released until the house is sold. As I still legally own 50% if not morally, can I move back into the house ?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask:
- who is living in the property now?
- is the property still in your name?
- what is the position in respect of your current residence?
Kind Regards
Caroline