Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I rented a flat and moved last March, the agent is ignoring

I rented a flat and moved last March, the agent is ignoring my inquiry of claiming my deposit back????? I have sent him many emails with no respose!!! Also he has not registered my deposit in the deposit scheme??? How can you help me to get my money back???
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
If the deposit is not registered then you can apply to the court by way of the small claims court (www.moneyclaim.gov.uk) for the deposit and three times the deposit as a legal fine for the failure to register in a TDS. I hope this helps - please rate positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I know whether the deposit registered in a TDS or no?? Is there any way that help to know.
My second question is how much does the court charge for it as my deposit is £450 ?
Third question Is there any consequences when I make a claim?
If the deposit was protected then they should have told you - the law is very clear on this. The fact that they did not tell you is thus key. As such you can claim for three time the deposit. The fees are set out on the site - www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - the purpose of the small claims court is that people do not need lawyers and should be able tp deal with such claims by themselves. I hope this helps. Please rate positive