Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I run a small recruitment agency (placing nannies in homes)

Customer Question

I run a small recruitment agency (placing nannies in homes) and have been asked to sign a NDA and confidentiality agreement relating to one of our nannies about to embark on a 2 week trial period. The NDA seems very extensive and I am worried that if I sign it, I would be liable for any breach of information that the candidate may subsequently leak. I simply need to know the name of the employer and the location of the employment for the purpose of our records, I have no need to know about other members of staff, financial records etc. I would appreciate it if someone could advise accordingly as to whether I should sign this or not.
Helen
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is it the employer who requires the agreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a company acting on behalf of the employer. They have asked the candidate to also sign the NDA, which is fully understandable given that she will be working in the home and have access to a lot more people and computers etc. We simply place nannies with families for a one off fee and they family then is the employer. I am reluctant to sign such an extensive NDA given my limited need for information in the first instance.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Please can you send me the agreement so I can see what you are being asked to sign? I will make an offer so you can send it to my personal email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, JennyThat would be fine, assuming I won't be in any breach of contract for sending this? It doesn't have any confidential information on at this stage, so I'm guessing it would be fine.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's right. The reason I have made the offer is that otherwise you would have to post it on this which may of course breach the agreement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, I have accepted the offer so just let me know where to send it. I would point out that the company who is listed on the NDA is not the same company which we issued the invoice to for the placement of the nanny, although the Director is the Director of the other company. I have been unofficially told who the client is and where the location is, but have not had anything in writing. The company and the officers within the company have been very vague about revealing details or providing a contract of employment for our candidate to look over and I am a little hesitant about everything. I have never had to deal with such a client before, so this is all new to me, hence my apprehension.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Details below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Jenny, do I send the documents to your email from my email, or within the site?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
From your email to my email. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** done this now for you. Helen
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Got it, I've just left you a message.