Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I agreed to a settlement on divorce mailnly through my x bully

I agreed to a settlement on divorce mailnly through my x bully tactics and i think i wasnot given a fair deal and should have been entiled to more we have been divorced 4 years
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
was this by way of a court order? Did you get advice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no he threatened that if i went to a solicitor he would move abroad
I see. It is not straight forward but it is possible to vary the settlement but only in certain circumstances for example if you were unaware of some financial information when agreeing, which if you had been aware of the said information you would not have agreed to the terms or if you were unduly pressurised or agreed by mistake. An important factor would be if all financial information was exchanged and you had the benefit of legal advice. You have stated that you did not. I would be minded to sit down face to face with a solicitor and talk through with him the degree of pressure that he put you under, etc at the time. I hope this helps. Please rate positive