Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in law
27487359

I was dating an expat South Afircan living and working in the

I was dating an expat South Afircan living and working in the UK since 2001. We were planning on getting married in the near future & in good faith I lent him £600 in cash on the 10th April 2015!
He broke up with me on the 17th October and has paid me £50 on the 1st Nov. I know that he is busy getting a transfer to Hertfordshire from Sawston, Cambridgeshire @ present. He is disputing the amount owing to me and trying to diddle me out of £100! He is a lying lowlife that spouts a lot of false promises, etc.
How do I go about ensuring that I get my money back. I have all the necessary proof of my Foreign Exchange transactions, etc.
in fact, I visited him from 10th to 13th April & again from the 23rd to the 29th September this year. Both trips paid for by me. I have been very patient and generous in that I'm not charging him interest on this money which came out of my Interest bearing investment account. I am losing out on the exchange rate and he wants to charge me with Harassment and Stalking, which are trumped up lies. My mobile phone is registered in my name and I can prove that I have not been stalking him. I should sue him for Breach of Contract and Defamation of Character cos I'm the injured party.....
He is busy making me lose my patience. I can't throw good money after bad money cos lawyers charge £220 per hour and not worth it. I'm also not prepared to fly to the UK again this year to lodge a claim in the Small Claims Court.
What should I do to ensure he repays me the full amount
Yours faithfully
Maria Tereza dos Anjos Ferreira
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I am not convinced that there is very much you can do unless you decide to bring a claim against him in the small claims court - that said you have six years to bring the claim from the date when you leant the money to him. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive