13262538

My mother and step father own a property .My mum is in a care

My mother and step father own a property .My mum is in a care home where her fees are pad due to her having a CHC status.My step father has been ill and is now going into a residential home where he will be a fee payer and will have to sell the property .My question is will my mothers half share of the property be safe guarded agaist a claim for his care home fees or is the capital split and she can keep her half .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If the property is sold then your mother's share will be allocated to her and will not be at risk
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for your answer .Does this apply to their joint investment and joint current account balance ?would it be wise to seperate the money in two different accounts one in each name .

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does - but it would be better to split them sooner rather than later