75100385

ThereWe are a small mosque and cannot take the responsibility

Hi There
We are a small mosque and cannot take the responsibility of running a madrassa (Islamic religious school). We have been approached to rent two rooms upstairs by someone else to run a madrassa. This would be for 2 hours a day in the evening between 5.00pm to 7.00pm.
We are considering renting these as part of a term tenancy agreement. Would we still be responsible and liable for all the rules and regulations that come with running a school?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
I'm still waiting for a reply and its been over 24 hours now. The issue is that can we just rent the rooms out at arms length and not be liable, or do the Trustees and Management Committee have to meet all the rules and regulation of running a madrassa? The madrassa will be totally independent of the mosque Trustees and Management Committee with their own rules and regulations and will not be controlled by the Mosque in any way. Two different organisation.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am OK to wait but please keep me up to date and I need an answer pretty soon.
Thank youOmar
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
Can you.still not ding someone, I thought you had lots of solicitors. It's a question about tenancy agreements and are we liable for who we rent out too.
Can you please hurry up as this is getting urgent now.Omar
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Omar,
Unfortunately this appears to be quite a complex question, which is probably why it is taking time.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No you would not but the people running the madrassa may be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify the management committee and trustees of the mosque will not be responsible or liable and the person/organisation running the madrassa would be?Can you please explain how you reached this conclusion in order for me to explain to the committee?Also would it be possible to have the live chat at a later date and time when I can have a member or two present of the committee?RegardsOmar
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct. You need to make sure any lease agreement clarifies that.
You can have a chat later if you wish or if you don't need to that's ok.
Can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi AlexThank you for this. What are your credentials and how long have you been practicing for?Get in contact with you soon.RegardsOmar
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I Am a solicitor and qualified around 8 years ago.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience