13262538

Am concern because I just got in touch with mr Rodney H

Customer Question

Hi am concern because I just got in touch with mr Rodney Hylton-Poots
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you explain your situation in a bit more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a letter from Hmrc about my tax credit, which I am no longer getting
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
OK unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about your position please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a letter from Hmrc regarding my tax credit claim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though I am not in receipt of the benefit anymore, I have not had any money from them since May
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What does it actually say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Say that they are doing a check on my claim and asking for information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like utility bills and rent statement, and so on
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Right so it is just asking for information regarding a previous claim - is that correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes from April this year to October of this year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saying someone is link to my address,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which is true cause I own the property with my ex, but we haven't done any legal paperwork for it
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Does your ex live with you in the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we can't afford to go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in one room with my daughter and he is in the other, we brought it when we was young, but can't afford to get rid as I would have no way to go with my daughter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He don't stay here much just has attachment to the property
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am really worried about what might happen now, as I suffer from depression and eating issues this is making wit worse
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How old is your daughter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10 in 2 weeks time
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?What other assets are there and are you married to your ex?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's only the property and yes I got married to him when I was 22, but it was not good from the start. I think it might be worth around £3000.000
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the house worth - check on Zoopla. How much is still owed to the Mortgage CompanyDo you intend to issue a divorce petition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£ 330.000 yes I inten to, £75.000 is outstanding on the home,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much does a two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Might be around the same price in the current market.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Are you in the london area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes in the south east
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just worried about what's the worse that can happen
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you wish to force your husband to leave?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like him to will this help the current situation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say I earn too much to get tax credit now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which is fine, I just want the current situation sorted out so I won't lose my job
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did you explain your position when you applied for the Tax credits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but all over the phone
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
At this stage all you can do is send them the information they have requested and remind then that you gave them the relevant information at the start.It would be helpful to start the divorce proceedings as a way of demonstrating that the marriage is over - and within those proceedings you can apply for an order allowing you to remain in the house with your child until the child is 18 and forcing him to leaveI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details