12826847

I had a notice of intention to disconnect my commercial power supply d

Customer Question

I had a notice of intention to disconnect my commercial power supply delivered to my home on the 19th of October. The sum involved is £16,666 and I have discussed the matter with my British Gas contact but they are unwilling to accept anything less than an initial payment of £8400 which is more than I can do.
British Gas say that will disconnect my supply tomorrow if I do not pay. My question is their Notice merely said that it was their intention to disconnect, so is it possible for them to have obtained a magistrates order without me knowing about it?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay.
I don't suppose you can scan and post the document you have received?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear JoI have added the file to this e-mailJames
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. That is a notice of their intention to apply to court. It is effectively a final demand for the money rather than a threat that they will imminently disconnect. they need a warrant to do that. They could have obtained an order. That is possible. But then you would be sent the order and also you could apply for it to be set aside as you weren't given notification of the date. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo