Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am living with somebody who has a mental illness and a obsession

Customer Question

I am living with somebody who has a mental illness and a obsession with porn. He is running a Post office box, none of his mail come to the house. He is leading me a dogs life and is verbally violent and the police have been involved one before.
I want out asap, I have had 15 years of it. We live completely separate lives, which started the moment his name was included on the mortgage and we moved into our new house. I put 260.000 deposit which was the sale of my own home. We still have an outstanding mortgage and the house is probably worth 500.000 The out standing mortgage is roughly 125.000. We have been estranged for over 8 yrs. I am 60 at the end of the year and he will be 55. I know I have been used and he hopes cheated out of my money as he hopes to drive me out. I have been on antidepressant since 09 as I am unable to sleep. He has the TV blaring all night and screams at me I am selfish if I want it off. I dont know what to do or who to turn to.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for your question.
Can I check, are you married to him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I am not
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** appears that you are cohabiting. Is the property in joint names?
If it is then you will need to seek his agreement to either sell or buy-out his share, or for him to buy out your share.
If this cannot be agreed to then you will have to make an application to court to force a sale
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, just checking to see if you had any further questions regarding this issue. Please rate positive if you found the information helpful.