Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

There My daughter is 9 years old and she drawing since

Customer Question

Hi there
My daughter is 9 years old and she drawing since she was 1 1/2. I went to Ikea and I ask them if was possible to display her drawings in the children area and they ask me to email the manager and I did.
She email me back and say was was good idea and maybe could happen globally.
After that I email her and she was busy...I went to Ikea and I ask to speak to her and she was busy too.
Surprisely was kids drawing all over Ikea floor and on 30 of October was in Ikea web site about a competition of kids drawing trsnsforming into soft toys.
I just think was too much coincidence and I just think they did like my idea but they did in a diferent way....
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jenny

I am really upset because seems yo me the idea was take

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok are you an employee of IKEA or a customer. Are you saying you suggested the idea to turn a drawing into a soft toy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am a customer and I ask if Ikea could display my daughter drawings in the kids area ...suddely few months later.. Ikea had kids drawing in the kids and turned into a soft toy mention as result of competition...

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi I can see why you think it is a coincidence but I do not think you can bring any claim on this basis, particularly as the idea is different, transforming the image to a soft toy is not the same as displaying the drawing.
By all means you can write to them to complain about it though and see where it gets you.
If you have any further questions please do ask. IF I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.