13262538

If a person dies intestate in the UK, who is responsible the estate and

If a person dies intestate in the UK, who is responsible for administrating the estate and is there any record available for public inspection? D
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do me best to help you The Intestacy Rules set out who can deal with the estate and how it needs to be distributed - and who can applt to do so The Order is:-Spouse or civil partner;Children;Grandchildren (if the deceased’s children died before him or her);Parents;Brothers and sisters;Nieces and nephews (if the deceased’s brothers and sisters died before him or her);Grandparents;Uncles and aunts;Cousins (if the deceased’s uncles and aunts died before him or her)If there are no surviving family members the state can apply for letters of administration.If they obtain Letters of Administration then a copy is available from the Probate registryPlease ask if you need further detailsClare