Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My deceased partners family have followed me to my new

Hi, my deceased partners family have followed me to my new address and they have slandered me at my place of work. Can i get a civil injunction to stop their behavior as the police say they can't do anything without evidence?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
When was the most recent incident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Depends on what you would call incident. The problem is that the employment agency i do work for seems to be passing on slander to jobs they are sending me to, so it seems to be ongoing. Although my "inlaws" are the root of my problem. i last saw one of the family members about 10 months ago. Myself and my daughter moved away from them about 4 years ago.

My email address is***@******.***

Your system says this email address is registered with another user.

This is my only email address and as far as i am aware, the only email address in use.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If you are being harassed by your in-laws, then you would need to apply to your local county court for an injunction under form N16A. Your application will need to be accompanied by a sworn statement outlining the reasons for the application, incidents, threats and harassment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** tell me how much it will cost?

Also will the courts uphold an injunction when it is hard to prove?

Is form N16A an application for a civil injunction?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
The Court fee should be £155 for an application on notice. It is a civil injunction, however, the threshold is very high and you will need evidence to support your application in order for the Court to agree to impose an injunction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** it is my word against theirs. However i did see one of them in a car and i got the reg number, time place and date. That was about 10 months ago, and incident is about 200 miles from their home town. Should i proceed?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
I do not think that there would be prospects of success at this time, especially as you will be relying on a sighting from almost a year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What can i do then, this is affecting my life?

I thought that you can use a sighting or incident going back 6 years?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, if the most recent sighting was 10 months ago the Court will not see that there is any benefit of having an injunction in place. You can rely on it, but the Court will need to see that harassment is continuous and that the injunction is necessary at this time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, i saw the same person again in the same town a second time, but was not able to get the full reg number. Only the first 4 digits. The harassment is continuous as i am being slandered because of these people. It is having a negative effect on my job and job prospects. I don't think they are going to put themselves in danger of legal action being taken against them. Their action is more devious.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
OK, just be sure if you do pursue this that your statement details dates, times and details of the incidents, and if the matter had been witnessed by anyone or referred to authorities.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** pursue this as i have a diary of all incidents, times places etc. Thank you for your help

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** luck.