Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Three of us started a fundraising group and one has dropped

three of us started a fundraising group and one has dropped out. She was the artist and had donated her work to the group. Where do we stand legally about continuing without her but still using the art to fundraise?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Was there any written agreement about the donation? Is she saying she does not consent to the work being used?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she originally signed at letter for our first season, giving us control of the group and she has posted on facebook about donating the art, but now she says that she wants it returned. We had the art signed by Barry Manilow and I think she wants to sell it for her own gain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have various conversation on my facebook messages that say that they were donated to use for fundraising purposes
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
What is the nature of the group is it a group of individuals or a limited company? Is the purpose of the group the same as it was when the gift was made?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are a fundraising group raising money for The Manilow Music Project. Our first season raised £882.57 which I handed over to MMP in April. We are a group of individuals (friends) and yes the group is the same as when art was donated
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
If the art was gifted (donated) then she does not have the right to ask for it back.
If she says it was a loan then she may try to get it back through legal means, although on the basis of what you say this would be difficult for her to prove.
You should just tell it was a gift and therefore it belongs to the group.
if you have any further questions please do ask. IF I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much..............5star answer