29905560

After visiting a website I would like to create one that operates

After visiting a website I would like to create one that operates in the same manner in the way it generates an income stream. Would I be infringing on any copyright etc by doing this? My website would have it's own logo and web content and any programming required would be done by a subcontract web designer who would develop the code.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Could you please explain in layman's terms what exactly you wish to adopt from the other site?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to create a website and provide similar services and have the same payment structure, ie how the website generates cash, so I guess what I want to know is can this be subject to copyright? Is it possible for a company to copyright the methods or services it provides to generate cash?
Copyright is something which is granted automatically to the creator of an original piece of work. There is no need for it to be registered anywhere and it exists as long as there is original work created by someone. The question here is whether this is work which can be subject to copyright. An idea itself will not be subject to copyright so if there is a concept behind the way the site generates income, then that is unlikely to be copyrighted. However, what would fall under copyright is the specific code used to generate the tools to run the site, the website design itself, etc. So as a basic example, someone may want to start a website which generates income by directly targeting a specific part of the population and provide a service. This idea in itself will not be subject to copyright – anyone can do the same. But if they are using any specific web tools to make this happen, say a code to create something which automatically selects ad targets the customers, then that in itself can be copyrighted. So ideas are not subject to copyright, but the things that facilitate them and make them work can be. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you