12826847

I sold 17 ped cattle to man in yorkshire in august he paid

Customer Question

i sold 17 ped cattle to man in yorkshire in august he paid 6000 said would pay rest in couple weeks,i needed the money to pay for my 24 hour care as i am severley dissabled, i had enough of his promises and told him i was having cattle back,i sent in animal health/trading standards who told him as he has not paid the cattle they still belong to me,they put me intouch with driver with small lorry to get them as not able get artic in,driver would take them to his place to load on artic to come to somerset.he agreed by email and haulier went to collect,he was told not going until i repaid the 6000, thats gone on my 24x7 care,the police and animal health told him he cannot hold them as not paid,i have to pay 250 to take them to hauliers place and 1250 to get them from yorkshire to somerset,the ministry agriculture has put stop on him selling them he still owes 14000
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what more can i add,every week he comes up with waiting for money from investments abroad,locals tell me he is a con man

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i legally get on about recovering my own cattle

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
When did you agree he would pay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

pay in two weeks when his money came through,syill getting next week,then next week again,have emails stating this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have email here from him,28th august ,I AM EXPECTING INVESTMENT MONIES COMING THROUGH FROM VARIOUS SOURCES OVER NEXT FEW WEEKS ,thats what i relied on,also i sincerely ***** ***** can meet up in next few weeks,my priority is getting things legal and sorted with yourself

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Would you prefer the money or to recover the stock?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

recovery of stock ,cant go on ,next week next week

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can seek an injunction forcing him to return your stock.
it is much easier to sue for the money to which you are entitled under the contract. It is also much cheaper.
However, if you are intent then you need to send him a letter before action setting out your intention to seek an injunction and to claim costs from him. Give him a specific period of time like seven days to return them.
If that fails then issue against him at the county court for the recovery of stock.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you but can i legally remove them as i have give more than 7 days notice,police and animal health/trading standards say as not paid for i can take them as still my property.i intend sending in men tues has he a claim on deposit as i have 1500 expenses to recover them and get them home regards ***** *****

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No.
You cannot just reclaim without an order I'm afraid.