12826847

I'm recently divorced and I am primary carer 10 year

Customer Question

I'm recently divorced and I am primary carer for my 10 year old son. Recently he had a bad experience with his dad (he phoned me mid-morning, asking him to collect him from his Dad, he said he was drunk and fell over), whom he stays weekends with. My son now doesn't want to stay with him or be in a vehicle with him.
My ex-husband denies his collapse was attributed to alcohol, he claims a medical condition causes problems with the nervous system whereby he may stumble or fall. He states he is completely safe to drive. I've not had the conversation with him regarding overnight stays ceasing yet but its a concern to see how anxious my son is especially as his father lives approximately 95 miles away.
one of the reasons for the marriage ending was due to his alcohol consumption, which did result in collapse and facial injuries on more than 3 occasions, thankfully none of which were witnessed by my son. Please advise me. Tosca
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Tosca
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask:
- what is the current regime for contact?
- how long has this been in place?
- are there any court orders for contact?
- do you have any other concerns about fathers care?
Kind Regards
Caroline