12826847

A tenant who has resided in my flat years has just left

Customer Question

a tenant who has resided in my flat for 3 years has just left and i paid him out the full amount of his deposit on the day he left but i have just received a letter from him stating that since i didn't lodge the money with a government backed scheme he wants compensation from me even though he has received all the deposit back in full
i think it is blackmail because he asks for me to offer him compensation straight away what are my options
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you secure the deposit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i didn't unfortunately but he has been paid out in full
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello sorry not sure how this works but is that it? My apologies but not sure where i stand here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have i paid £38 to answer a question a stated in my original question to you?