Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My niece hopes to receive up to 50% of the value of her

My niece hopes to receive up to 50% of the value of her husbands business as part of her divorce settlement. We are still waiting for questions on why the profitability has dropped alarmingly since the separation but have now discovered that a charge has
been registered in favour of the bank on company assets including the property. Can this debenture affect the family court when deciding on the final financial settlement please?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I am qualified solicitor.
The new charge registered on company assets will have an effect on the family finances as it still need to be considered. However, what is the purpose of the charge? Has a loan or mortgage been taken out on the property? If so then that capital raised will need to be taken into account as well.
___
Please rate positive if you are happy with this response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. The problem is that we have no info on reason for charge and respondents answers to queries are very slow.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Are there court proceedings regarding the financial relief matter?
If not, there is nothing to force disclosure and a response to your queries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Decree nisi achieved to date and awaiting response to questions following disclosure
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** Form A been submitted to Court? Or are the financial negotiations currently on a voluntary basis/through mediation to reach agreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks currently on voluntary basis but am now satisfied with your answers.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** luck.