Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I am now 71 years old and find that my Ci licence was removed

Customer Question

I am now 71 years old and find that my Ci licence was removed from my driving licence when i was 70,
I have applied to get the this entitlement back and sent in the relevant forms and medical assessment. I have waited since the 10th Sept. 2015 and on contacting the DVLA today have been told that it could be a further 7 to 9 weeks before it is thru.
The gent at the DVLA referred to section 18 of the road traffic act saying that this could possibly allow me to drive my 4 tonne motorhome while I wait for the update to come thru ( my doctor says I have no medical issues that would preclude me from receiving my regraded licence).
CAN I DRIVE MY MOTORHOME Legally whilst waiting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please note I refer to the C1 licence class on a driving licence
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
I think you mean s. 88 of the Road Traffic Act rather than s. 18. It is correct that if you have not been disqualified and are not disabled, and you have an application in to the DVLA to cover the period that you will drive, then you are legally allowed to drive the motor home whilst the application is in. If you have any further questions please do ask.