12826847

Are you available to answer a question please

Customer Question

hello , are you available to answer a question please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello , I am a locum vet - with my own limited company - I have been taken under contract to work for a surgery - until February . I am pregnant too in my 4th months - now it appears that some problems - appeared - not professional problems - but personal problems with staff. I also worked 2 months non stop Monday - Saturday 9-7pm - usually entitled to a 2 hours lunch break - which I didn't get for the last 3 weeks . I felt bad after all the problems with the staff and took 2 days off work as I was burned out with severe migraine. now I got sacked - so I am wondering - is it actually legal to sack a pregnant woman in a contract for minor staff issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello my email was wrong - please see correct is ***@******.*** thank you
Why were you sacked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know exactly - they just gave me my notice . things that happened - I had to report a client to the rspca - as I was suspicious the client would neglect their pets - I asked - the receptionist- to make the report and fax the history to the rspca and to get a case number ***** she refused with the words - I dont want to get involved in this - I then raised my voicwe at her saiing that this is not quite the attidude and answer I was expecting and she went off criing after this and didn't come to work for one week -. which left us short on a receptionist - and I was totally exhausted after this week and took two days off with migrane.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
then I got the notice....while I was off with migraene after 2 month non stop working.....mon-sat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The thing is I hve only 4 months left to work - being self employed with my own company I have no help when the baby is born - so I need to earn all the money now.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law. Do you think you were sacked because of your pregnancy?