75100385

My neighbour has installed a satellite dish on the side wall

My neighbour has installed a satellite dish on the side wall of his house, which forms the boundary with my property and borders my driveway. so the dish is physically fixed to his wall but entirely overhangs my property. I have informed him I do not consent to this installation over my property, the biggest bone of contention being the continual access they seem to need to my property to maintain the dish and its cables. Am I within my rights to expect him to remove it - just as a tree branch in similar circumstances.
My neighbour is adamant that he has a legal right to have ancillary structures attached to the side of his house and a legal right to access my driveway to maintain them. Is he right?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. He is not entitled to put this up overhanging your property without permission. Legally its not correct to have it over hagging your property. If you think of a tree in the same way if the tree grows and over hangs your property you can cut the trees foliage.
Therefore this falls under the same. If you allow it then yes he will have a right to access your drive to maintain it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex. Would a satellite dish be considered an ancillary structure?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
He can't do it, as it overhangings. If it was guttering that may be different but he can't install a dish.
I would be minded to put a very large tree in the way!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish I could do that - but it would block my drive :-)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. Good luck with this.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/