Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have been accussed of bullying and harrassment and warned

I have been accussed of bullying and harrassment and warned that I may face dismissal without notice. The disciplinary hearing has been set. Will I be dismissed and asked to leave immediately after the hearing?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for your employer for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 years
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Do you deny the allegations?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do - I was managing a poor performing member of my team and I was asked to manage her out by my line manager
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
So you were acting on management instructions and I assume she has raised a grievance? Have you raised this point with them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - she did raise a grievance - the investigation meeting was that disciplinary action be taken on four areas
I sent an inappropriate text, bullied and harrassed - there were two more, but I had enough refuting evidence for those two to be dropped from the disciplinary hearing. The text was from private mobile to private mobile, but is part of the gross misconduct claim by "bringing the College in to disrepute and the I bullied and harrassed my team member during the time I managed her
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok well the employer has to have reasonable belief that you committed an act of Gross Misconduct in order to dismiss you and has to act reasonably having regard to all of the circumstances. So if it is your position that you were actually acting on management instruction you have an argument that it would amount to gross misconduct to be dismissed. In the event that the employer does find it amounts to an act of gross misconduct then you would be summarily dismissed (there and then) and asked to leave. In the circumstances you describe you should appeal against the decision and consider bringing a claim. If you have any further questions please do ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
NO problem I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer as I am not otherwise credited for my time. Thank you and all the best.