12826847

What obligation does a company have to the consumer if the

Customer Question

What obligation does a company have to the consumer if the product is delivered at a later expected date Nd it is also wrong? Furthermore if the the consumer lost earnings when waiting for the product can they just accept a good will gesture (refund on product) and get product redelivered but the good will gesture less than the loss of earnings?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I purchased a bed from Dulnelm for £370. It should have been delivered 2 and half weeks ago. On day of delivery, company cancelled delivery. On another delivery date bed was delivered but foot board was wrong. On days when I waited for delivery I lost £600 salary. The company is giving me full refund and redeliver footboard at their convinience. I find the value £370 not to be fair.
What else were you hoping to recover?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was hoping to get atleast £450. Is that unreasonable. At present I do not have a bed and waiting for delivery.
For what?
Compensation has to be for loss.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you for the answer
I haven't answered?
If you want me to give you an over view then you cannot claim consequential losses under the SGA.
You can for breach of contract but I'm not sure what your loss is here? If you mean lost earnings then that depends what the contract said on the point of delivery.
If it guaranteed delivery on a certain date then you would have a claim. If not, then you would not.
They might offer more in the interests of good business though.