ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I think I may have messed up a little in my timing. My former

I think I may have messed up a little in my timing.
My former spouse has filed a change of name for my children.
I attended court.
1. The Judge asked me if I want to see my children (as per a previous court agreement) and add that to the name change case.
I think he said I need to file in 2 weeks - I could not get a solicitor and its now due at the start of next week.
2. I also have by 2 weeks time for a written statement to the court and evidence. so we all have time to compose answers for court early next year with a Section 7 report. HELP Please help mainly with no 1 as its more time critical. Can I call the court to say its on its way in a few days !!!
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask - does the court order say that you need to make an official application or just a statement?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
under the first bit .. the court records that:
The court has accepted at this hearingan oral application by Carl Winwood for a CAO that the children spend time with him
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The court order this was brought up was because she wanted to change the children's names and after being quizzed by th judge he deemed this more complicated and as a result....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
07/11/2015 04:46under the first bit .. the court records that:
The court has accepted at this hearingan oral application by Carl Winwood for a CAO that the children spend time with himHe mentioned something about 2 weeks time - file with the court.
Thank you for your responses.
My apologies for my delay in responding to you.
The court has already accepted your oral application so you do not need to complete the C100 Form or pay the fee unless the court order specifically says otherwise.
In relation to your statement and requiring a few more days - don't worry about this. If the Section 7 isn't due to til next year then a few more days isn't going to cause a problem. Write a nice letter to the court asking for a few more days. Send a copy of this to your wife's solicitor.
You should detail in your statement your position in relation to the change of name as well as what time you would like to be able to spend with your children.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work