13262538

My husband worked firm who we beleived had set up a trust

My husband worked for a firm who we beleived had set up a trust for my 2 sons. My husband died last september and he thought the firm had £50,000 in trust but we had nothing in proof. I have contacted the firm on several occasions and they have said it is in solicitors hands but would not discuss this and neither said it is not true. What can I do, I sent them a letter in August asking for them to call me, again they have ignored this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat made you think this find had been set up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my husband was dying from cancer sept 2014, he said the firm had a trust for all employees for £50,000 it is a muti-national firm. He beleived that when he joined years ago it was told to all employees as standard and he had to name who the trust went to. He named my 2 sons, they are now 16 and 18. When he died his brother went to visit the firm as he was executer but they would not speak to him as his name was not on this trust although they did not say it did not exist. I then contacted them and again they did not say "what are you talking about" they said it was with solicitors. I have since contacted them several times and always they tell me they cannot speak to me. I thought it was to do with my sons age but my eldest turned 18 in june and I again contacted them but they said again solicitors were dealing with it. I contacted another employee and he confirmed that they too beleived they were involved in a trust. In august I wrote to them asking for them to confirm this trust but they have not replied.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Is this a pension Trust?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he did not pay any money into it as I checked his wage slips. This was apparently a trust set up for employees and if they died whilst still employed by the firm it would be paid too ...... All I wanted the firm to do is to give me info and I will wait as neccessary but they will not do that but they have not said it does not exist!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How big is the firm?Is there actually a pension fund?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Donaldsons Filter is multi national and has companies in all countries. They sell many products and have been going for 100 years. I do beleive they have a pension because when I have called previous times I have been told the person I need to talk to is the person who deals with trusts and pensions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This person has never been helpful though and has told me solicitors are dealing with it, which makes me think it exists. Why then can't they just explain it.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
OkWhich of the Uk sections was he employed by?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he worked in the warehouse in the hull Donaldson filters factory. He had worked there 10 year+. He used the forklift trucks and filled big lorries with orders.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare, just so you are aware- I am working all day so if you again ask another question I will not see this until after 4pm tomorrow unless it is answered tonight. Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that
I suggest that you write a formal letter to Human Resources setting out the situation as you have described it, and pointing out that you have been waiting a long time for information - and mention that it makes the grieving process harder.
Copy that letter to the Director of Human Resources at the European Head Office here
Regional Headquarters Europe & Middle East Belgium - Leuven
Donaldson Europe B.V.B.A.
Research Park Zone 1 Interleuvenlaan 1
Leuven, B-3001 Belgium
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will try this, how long would you expect a reply back from the company, either end once I send off the letter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did write to the HR manager Hull in August and have had no reply. Is there any content you can suggest I put in.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Something a long the lines of
" My husband xxx worked for your company for xxx years secure in the belief that in the event anything happened ti him the children would benefit from a Trust that the Company ran.
My husband died in xxx and despite repeated requests I have been given no information about what his sons might be entitled to
This delay has caused distress and confusion. Please clarify the matter as soon as possible"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I am very happy with this this suggestion, you didn't put how long I should wait though for a reply. I know now that I am writing to head office I should hear something but if again they do not reply what do I go on to do?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies I did miss that.
I would send a reminder after four weeks - and then if no response send a copy to the CEO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the CEO
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The Chief Executive Officer
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.