75100385

I am driving a number of years using international driving

I am driving a number of years using international driving licence as was not aware just for one year.
Police stoped me and charged with driving a car with L Driving licence and did not accept the international licence. I been given minor motoring offence (3 points on full UK driBingley encephalitis once obtained in future and pay 100 pound.
I have been insured by same car insurance company since started driving in uk a number of years ago
The first insurance done on the phone and accepted international licence. Since then all subsequent annual renews done on the phone and when asked any change in previous detail I say none/same.
When police checked said was full UK licence. Completely I am an aware of these changes.
Police charged me with minor road traffic offence and immediately informed the insurer and cancelled the insurance.
I am not sure wet her insurer company simply cancel the insurance of proceed for further action such as providing false information.
I have received none from insurance company yet.
I would appreciate your urgent advice
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
On what basis did the insurers cancel the insurance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On bases wrong information certificate
Full UK licence instead of international liecence
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Well you are guilty of an offence, as you now know it's Twelve months then you have to change it. Sadly for the insurer you need to check whether they are entitled to cancel it on the basis they have said. So ask for the terms but in reality they probably are.
Your only chance is going via the Ombudman about the insurance. They offer a free, Independent service at http://financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does it mean (it is twelve month then you have to changet it).
I said the police did not accept the libyan international liecence as I have been reside in uk and also now I have British passport (I am 2 natiolities: original libyan and recently became British citizen as well).
The police has already charged me and not drive without supervisor as curently I have provisional liecence and waiting to the practice exam.I am sorry to that you have not answered my most imortant question: what are the possibilities that the insurer company will take if remain insisted that I submitted false information.:
1- cancell insurance only or
2- will take other legal action against me
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to change your licence once you have been in the uk for 12 months.
The insurance company will only cancel the insurance, they can't take any other legal action.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One quesion left:
What should I take with me to court when paying panality
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is what considered by police "providing false information for insurane : full UK licence" as entered on the insurance certificate without being aware of this cary any risk for me by insurance company taking further legal/financial action or as you said just cancell the certificate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please reply urgently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still not satisfied as not answered last queries
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When you go to court then you just plead guilty. You will get a fine and points.
Only if you lied to the police can you be charged with anything else,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have told police every thing but as I said police refuse to cosider the lnterntional licence and insisted on L Driving licence.
Police did not ask me if done theory test yet or notDoes make difference if somebody has passed theory test or not?I hop this is the last questionPlease reply ASAP.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No sadly. But you are still driving without a valid uk licence I am sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I seen met with senior lawyer and reassured almost as you done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I paid panalty and clear now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good service
No more question
I rated your service
Happy to redo if no reached "I simply pressed on the chosen star row" and did write a review