12826847

My sister is going through a tough time with an verbally

Hi my sister is going through a tough time with an verbally abusive ex who always undermineds her position as a mother,hes has been aggressive when the children are in the room witch will have an effect on them in the long term, she has to cancel driving lessons and classes because he changes the plans at the last min , there's no consideration for what she is trying to do as a mother . What can we do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What are you hoping to do about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She wants to cover her self legally and make a point to him that this behaviour is unacceptable,she needs all the help you can think of
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what she is hoping the law will do?
To achieve what?
What happens when she tells him not to speak to her like that?
Why does she need to have contact with him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So there's not much the law can do? When she tells him not to speak her in that way in front the kids it works for a bit but he's one of those people that I think could turn violent if the argument go to far and I don't want to wait for that. She has contact with him beacuse she is a kind person who trys to see the best in people's and a child needs a father that's why I'm doing this for her.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, it depends.
On the face of it, I cannot immediately see a remedy at this stage. He isn't doing anything unlawful. That is not to say that it is acceptable but it is a relationship issue for her to sort out herself. He hasn't turned violent so action cannot be taken on the basis that she suspects he may.
A child certainly does need a father and he will get contact even if she withdraws it but there is no reason for her to see him. She can just drop the children off to him and he can return them as they privately arrange. They can use third parties.
Or, if she prefers, she could just tell him not to speak to her like that which in the long run would make things much easier. He is not really very likely to behave violently from that alone and anyway she can always do it remotely or when in public.
I wouldn't get involved in this if I were you though. Don't place yourself a risk. There is usually more to a relationship dispute than one side will disclose and also lovers and former lovers can be very unreasonable and start blaming third parties when it suits them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The third-party thing is what she done before and it work but because things were good it went back to the way they're now,so I'll sergest that to her. You are right I shouldn't get to involved but she's my sister. Thanks for your help,have good day