Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I just typed a question in about my daughter's horse and put

I just typed a question in about my daughter's horse and put in my credit card details and my computer wouldn't open up again.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just written all this out and lost it. I just hope that my £56 deposit is safe.My daughter sold a pony to a family as she could not afford to keep it. She had bought the pony from someone who said that it was no good and had bucked him off. My daughter found the pony had a back problem and a tooth problem and sorted the pony out with certification. Now the family are saying that she has lied to them and the pony has bucked again. My daughter says that she told them of the problem and has ridden the pony herself for 3 months. The family all rode the pony before they bought him and and their friend also. The man rode him even though he was to large for him. The man of the family has visited my daughter twice at her place of work [She works at a stable yard] when she has been on her own early in the morning - about 8.30. The second visit was with a letter. She said that she did not feel personally intimidated but she is very upset about the accusation of lying. She would not have sold him to a family if she thought there was a problem and she did tell them about the history. The family are asking for 2 thirds of their money back she is willing to give them this but does not want a bad name.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi are you saying that she made them fully aware of the pony's history before she sold him? Are there any witnesses to that fact?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't know if there were any witnesses but she said that she did tell them all about the horse before she sold it to them.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi it is dreadful that your daughter is being intimidated in this way.
So long as she correctly described the pony if they agreed to purchase on that basis there is no right to any refund at all.
It is obviously up to her if she agrees to a refund but she is entitled to refuse and say that there is no right to a refund as the pony was correctly described .
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your answer. We have been very worried indeed by this and my daughter does feel intimidated. I will forward your responses to her and leave it to her to make the final decision. How do I rate your answer on the system? I am very grateful for your help. Margaret