29905560

Is it possible to prow that i was not in the country in 1978

Customer Question

is it possible to prow that i was not in the country in 1978 between January till May
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Why do you need to prove this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for me to get retried in Turkey,social security in Turkey needs to know this
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Finding records going back that far may be rather difficult. Back then any border control records would have been in paper form and not necessarily something which would have been transferred over to a computer system. So UK Border Force are unlikely to have specific records going back that far. If you were not a UK citizen and did not travel under a UK passport, then you may try and locate the passport you used at the time to show that there were exit and entry stamps in it, but if that was not the case or if it has been destroyed, then the evidence would have gone with it. The only other way is to try and find evidence of your travel, such as plane tickets or whatever mode of ravel you used. Again, because of how long ago that was, these may be difficult to find. So unfortunately there is no way to actually show you were not in the country unless you can find some of the above solutions work for you. Your main issue here is the length of time that has passed since then and the fact that records were not kept on computer records at the time. I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your kind helpRegards
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, sorry it was not better news