Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am elderly mother (USA citizen) of a 65 year old widow, no

I am elderly mother (USA citizen) of a 65 year old widow, no children also USA citizen with US A Pension. She wants to move to UK to be near her family: mother (me) ,step father( British born) 2 brothers and a sister who emigrated to UK in 1973 and have full entitlement to reside in UK. My husband and I are willing to accept financial responsibility for her. What are her chances of being accepted to live in UK with us?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. So long as you earn more than £18,600 you will be able to take her in as a family member or as a dependent relative. Essentially, your daughter will be able to re-join the rest of her family. HOwever, she will need to be able to support herself without the help of State funds. She will also have to pay a Health contribution when she arrives as she will not have the benefit of the NHS for five years after she arrives. Here is a link to the visa scheme and how it works and how much is payable in fees https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview