29905560

I cannot now download some attachments from emails - for

Customer Question

I cannot now download some attachments from emails - for instance from Sarah Jeffes on 6 November. It cannot identify a program to open it. Also I no longer have Adobe on file. (could this be related to my first point?). How do I download Adobe please?
Michael
Hello, you can download Adobe from the official Adobe website, which you can find here: https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ If you click on Install Now then that would guide you through the full installation process. If you can tell me what the last part of the files you want to open is, then I can tell you what program is used to open it. For example an Adobe file ends with .pdf, a Word file ends with .doc Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have downloaded Adobe satisfactorily thanks but it doesn't open the attachment.Sarah Jeffes has an attachment marked "Bill Payment_00001081/8.xls" stating that payment has been taken from my account by Macarthur Gas Pty Ltd. which I don't recognise.
Michael
An .xls file is a Microsoft Excel attachment. However don't assume that this is genuine. There are many viruses going around disguised as attachments to emails. If you do not recognise the sender or are familiar with the contents of the email then do not try and open it. If it is important they will get back to you via other means
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have received an email from my daughter with a photograph as an attachment. When I try to open it a message reads "No items match your search". The attachment in IMG_1506.jpg. What is that please?
A .jpg is just in image file - there should be a default applicaiton on your computer which should open that. If not you can download a standalone one, such as ImageGlass: http://www.imageglass.org/