ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My daughter left school last year ,at the same time I was made

my daughter left school last year ,at the same time I was made redundant until following april where I went self employed. I had paid everything up to date . they now say I ow 2500 where do I stand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are they asking for money from last july till this march.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Is it the Child Maintenance Service that are saying there is a shortfall?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not a short fall . they are asking for money from july 2014 to march 2015. my daughter left school and has not gone into any form of education or work .
Have you told them this - what did they say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I have had several conversations with them and they still say I owe money from the dates shown in last paragraph.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they also say that they asked for proof of redundence and income , I have all letters they have sent me from when I first started paying trough them but have not received any asking for this information.so they are now saying because I never sent this information at the time they will not except it now and that I have to pay 2500 or they will take me to court.so at what age should I stop paying. hope you understand all this
How old was your daughter?
Was the mother still getting child benefit?
Did you inform them at the time?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Georgia date of birth is 8.11.1997
I don't think she was getting benefits as she was working but who knows.
yes I informed them at the time .
What are they saying that you didn't send them at the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
proof of being made redundant .
Did they not make further enquires about your daughter being 16 and not being in education? Did you tell them this at the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told them at the time everything . I didn't here anything from them for months so I thought it was felt with till I had a letter saying that the file was closed and I was in areas of 2500 .
Thank you for confirming this for me.
As your daughter had turned 16 and was no longer in full time non advanced education then your liability would have ended in the September 2014.
It would have been the mothers responsibility to inform the CMS that your daughter was over 16 and had left employment.
Whilst you were responsible for telling the CMS about your change in circumstance - this was only relevant for the July to the September 2014 - as you would have still been liable until then.
You need to officially complain to the CMS - put this in writing to them marked as a complaint.
Child Maintenance Service PO Box 249 MITCHELDEAN
GL17 1AJ
If the situation is then not resolved then it was be escalated to the complaints review team.
If you are still not satisfied then you need to raise this with the Independant Case Examiner.
Independent Case Examiner acts as an independent referee
for people who feel that government bodies, including the Child Maintenance Service, have not treated them fairly or haven’t dealt with their complaint properly.
Their service is free and is not part of the Child Maintenance Service.
To contact the Independent Case Examiner, you can:
• call08456060777*between8amand5pm,MondaytoFriday • useatextphone,ifyouhavespeechorhearingdifficulties,on
0151(###) ###-####
• gotothewebsiteatwww.ind-case-exam.org.uk • writeto: TheIndependentCaseExaminer
Jupiter Drive Chester CH70 8DR
Caroline
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery