12826847

I signed a contract with a reputable building company and paid

Customer Question

I signed a contract with a reputable building company and paid 30 percent up front, with them due to start end Nov early Dec. I now wish to pull out of the contract. I have paid 12k as a deposit and they want to keep 6k of this. They won't specify what these high costs are exactly, but one person said it was due to plans and drawings which cost around 1.2 k, and the fact they've had the steel beams made to measure for my house so can't be reused elsewhere. I responded saying could I keep the steel beams if I've effectively purchased them? I know I have to pay them something but 6k is too much. Before i ring them please could you advise what my rights are? On their contract it doesn't specify what happens if you pull out.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Does the contract only specify the deposit of 30% which you must pay in advance?
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Does the contract only specify the deposit of 30% which you must pay in advance?