75100385

My son had his laptop taken by the police over four and a half

my son had his laptop taken by the police over four and a half years ago for a criminal investigation we haven't heard from them since. he has been sent an eligibility for jury service form can we assume that no charges will be brought after this length of time
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I am sorry to say you can't assume that nothing will happen. Some matters are time barred but some are not. Therefore sadly they can charge months or years after the event.
Only when you have been notified that no further action will be taken can you be sure that the matter is closed.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.