How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2725
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am an australian citizen who has married a british subject

Resolved Question:

I am an australian citizen who has married a british subject (deceased) married 53 years, how do i stand getting British citizenship?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
If your spouse has died and she is a British Citizen. You will need to apply to "settle" in the UK under form SET(O). This is provided:
1.You were in a genuine relationship with your partner and intended to live permanently with each other in the UK at the time of her death.
2. Your partner must have been ‘present and settled’ in the UK at the time of her death, eg not living permanently in another country.
Please rate positive if you found this helpful.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions