75100385

I have a bit of a problem, it appears that I have let a parking

I have a bit of a problem, it appears that I have let a parking violation get to an extremely serious stage and I am unsure of what to do. In 2012 whilst working for a delivery company and using a Moped, I left the moped on White ZigZag lines with the keys inside, the police were waiting for me when I got back to the bike from the delivery. They issued me with an on the spot non endorsable £60 fine. I had forgotten all about it having changed addresses a few times and now on a completely different job. My ex-flatmate contacted me today advising me there was a visit from the police advising that they had a warrant for my arrest. I have not been keeping up with mail forwarding however I have today after hearing this come across an old letter from about 5 months ago stating I was being given one more chance to pay it and then I would be put forward for an arrest warrant with Police Scotland. I am very worried about this and obviously dont want to run down to the police station as I will likely be arrested on the spot and placed in Jail. I am hoping a lawyer familiar with this kind of issue could offer some advice on the best way to go about resolving this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
This is only a fine. The reason there is a warrant for arrest is because the non payment of the fine. Therefore you need to contact the Court and see what the fine is and pay it.
But you wont go to jail for parking on zig zag lines. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for the answer, why are the police showing up at my previous address in a serious way like that and advising they have a warrant for my arrest if they don't intent to place me in jail? It just seems like a serious way to act for an overdue fine. Have you come across this before?Thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its for non payment of the fine thats all. You wont go to Jail for this offence, its just for the fine.
So you need to arrange with the Court for payment of the fine, then it will go away.
Does that clarify?