Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

TV ariel in front of window which is coursing health problems

Customer Question

TV ariel in front of window which is coursing health problems for a elderly person
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Can you please explain the situation in more detail. In particular the affect on your health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neighbour has had a 15ft extention and the Tv ariel is in front of my window and is takeing my lovely view away I have offerd tp pay to have it moved to the side It is a Bungalow this has course me to have traumatise and I have a doctors letter about this I am 82 years of age and she has just moved in she will not communicate What am I surpose to do
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok so it is the neighbours tv ariel not a public ariel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
You need to write a letter to him to say that the position of the ariel is causing you a nuisance and that you would like him to move the area so that you still can have enjoyment of the view from the property. You should say that his failure to listen to you is having a negative impact on your health. You should say that if he does not move the ariel or come up with a suitable response within 7 days you will consider taking legal action against him in the law of nuisance. Hopefully the neighbour will then see sense. If he does you can then bring a claim in the Civil court for nuisance if he does not take action to move it. If you have household insurance it may contain access to free legal insurance. It is worth giving them a ring to see if it will cover this kind of claim. Alternatively a local solicitor can help you. You will also be able to recover your legal costs if your claim is successful. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer . Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this as I can see you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process?