13262538

My husband and I are separating on mutual grounds. We have

My husband and I are separating on mutual grounds. We have two kids one aged 5 and other 1. He is moving out and I will have the kids during the week and he is taking them at weekends. Am I entitled to get money from him to help with looking after the kids?
I only work a part time job of 10 hours and we just rent a house at the moment.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
I would suggest you contact CMO (http://www.cmoptions.org/) to submit an application for child maintenance.
However, given that matters are amicable it may be that you can reach a voluntary agreement regarding payments. You can calculate how much he is legally obligated to pay if you are aware of his gross salary and using this calculator: https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance
___
Please rate positive if you found this information helpful.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help toy but I need some further information firstHow many nights a week will the children spend with each of you - and are you happy with him having them every weekend?How much does he earn?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.I will have them Sunday night till Friday tea time. He will then have them from Friday tea time until Sunday tea time. I am happy with this. It is to work around his work as he works long hours during the week and my part time job is at the weekends.He earns around £30,000 a year (Before tax)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then yes he will still have to pay Child Maintenance at 16% of his gross income subject to a 2/7ths reduction to allow for the two nights a week they spend with himI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.