12826847

My son was involved in an accident yesterday. A cyclist decided

Customer Question

My son was involved in an accident yesterday. A cyclist decided to do a u Turk and pulled out I front of my son without looking. My son couldn't avoid hitting off his bicycle. The cyclist want hurt and stood straight up. He admitted being at fault to both my son and policewoman. The damage to my sons car is a cracked windscreen broken headlight and broken wing mirror. He rang his ins company and was told it is my sons fault and that he will have to pay £300 excess plus the cyclist can claim from my sons ins!! They said that the cyclist is a vulnerable rd user so isn't at fault. Is this correct? It seems very unfair. My son has been told his car maybe a right off!!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello what is the cyclist going to try and claim from your sons insurance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sons ins co told him that the cyclist can claim for any damage to himself and his bike.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son wants to know if he is legally at fault even though the cyclist admitted he was at fault to both my son and police
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
???
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I have been asked to look at this.has your son reported it to his insurers?