12826847

I have been charged with driving while using a mobile phone.

I have been charged with driving while using a mobile phone. I have got records from my phone provider and a vehicle tracker report to prove that at that time i was not using my phone.do i need to get a solicitor as i am pleading not guilty.Regards Martin.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Has anybody advised you of what 'using' means in law?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
'Using' is very widely defined.
Your mobile phone company cannot say that you were not 'using'. All they can say is that you didn't make a call or send a text or, to a limited extent, access the internet at that time.
'Using' can mean receive a call, looking at a text or the internet to a lesser degree. The law only requires that a person 'use' any of the features of the phone. Even checking the weather is sufficient.
If you didn't do those things then you can contest this on that basis but you need to be aware that it isn't as simple as producing a phone bill.
In terms of representation, generally it is better to be represented as you will have to examine police officers but you won't get legal aid so you would have to pay privately. You have to balance cost against gain and decide what your wallet can stand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i get a more detailed report from my phone provider.