ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My mother and father in-laws made a will, with a will company.

My mother and father in-laws made a will, with a will company. The company went into administration. The will was returned but not the power of attorney. They made their daughter, my wife, executor of the will and power of attorney we have the will but not a copy of the power of attorney. Where can we get a copy of the signed copy of power attorney, because my wife is looking after her mother, but the council will not deal with my wife because we have not got the power of attorney form to prove it.
Mr Keith Oxborough
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Keith
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
It is possible that the Adminstrators have retained the documents. Hopefully there will be an enquiry line so that you can contact and ask.
If the document has been passed to another firm then contacting the Solicitors Regulation Authority may be able to tell you which firm:
https://www.sra.org.uk/faqs/contact-centre/public/06-interventions/documents.page
Kind Regards
Caroline
Positive feedback is gratefully received