75100385

My question is about buying a property in England.

Customer Question

My question is about buying a property in England. I am an Iranian National working here. I got married last August and as a wedding gift my father gave me some money to buy a house in the UK.
Because of the current sanctions on the Iranian banks the money had to be transferred to UK via a money exchange firm in Iran. The way this firm works is that my father paid them the money in Iranian currency and they gradually transferred the money to my account.
What I have noticed from my bank statements is that the money is being transferred to my bank account from different sources in the UK and has taken about 4 months to transfer the whole amount. However when I talked to a mortgage advisor to apply for a mortgage I was told that this might be a problem because of the money laundry regulations as the money has not come directly from my father's bank account in Iran which is impossible because of the sanctions.
I am really confused and not sure what to do to prove that this is actually a gift from my father and would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice on this matter.
Hassan
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Are you able to prove the source of these funds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can show my father's bank statements showing the money that has been transfered for the currency exchange firm.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be Good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am available now or tomorrow morning after 11
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok will call shortly
Alex.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok