13262538

I am a South African getting married to another South African

I am a South African getting married to another South African in South Africa in January. We live in the UK (I am on a UK ancestry visa and he has an EU passport) and will want to have children here. I was told that I would have to have a civil wedding here in order to be recognised under UK law if I want my kids to be British. Is this correct? What other information should I be aware of in this regard?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Provided you are legally married in South Africa then the Uk will recognise the marriage and there is no need to do anything else
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, would I have to declare my marriage here in the UK and if so how would I go about doing that?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There is no requirement to do so - and no way to do it either!